Take 5 with … Nitesh Bhatia
This week the co-founder and CEO of Australia's second largest online wine retailer shares his story and his favourite places to eat in the Hills.
Who's that Hills District Foodie?
I'm the CEO of Just Wines. I started the business after getting a taste for online retail when I was studying at Macquarie Uni a few years ago and I was re-selling imported cushions on eBay to make some extra cash. I'm married to Tanya and we had our first baby this year.
1. Where is your favourite place to eat in the Hills District?
I'm a fan of Crinitis and anywhere that does a great vegetarian menu.
2. What is your beverage of choice?
Wine (obviously!) and it's hard to pass up a good aged single malt.
3. If you could have dinner with any 5 people (alive or dead), who would they be?
1. My wife, Tanya
2. Richard Branson
3. Novak Djokovic - he really is a joker!
4. Rafa Nadal - if I'm meeting Novak, I am sure Tanya would want us to meet Nadal as well! (We're avid tennis fans).
5. An Australian winemaker - I couldn't narrow it to just one but before I started my business I really didn't realise just how much hard work and passion goes into making every bottle. It would be great to let them choose the wine and hear their ideas on what makes the perfect drop.
4. If money, destination and logistics were no object, what would be your best night out experience?
In the middle of nowhere on an island with my wife.
5. What music always puts you in the party mood?
Anything loud with strong beats.
We want to hear from you!
Message us on Facebook or Insta or drop us an email with your answers to these same 5 questions as well as a little bit about yourself (what suburb you live in, who you live with, what you do, what you like, whatever).