Take 5 with … Kelvin Ting
Technically Kelvin doesn't live in the Hills District but boy does he love his food and he frequently heads to the Hills to visit family and friends and is always on the look out for great places to eat in the Hills - so we thought we would make him an honorary Hills District Foodie!
Who's that Hills District Foodie?
My name is Kelvin Ting. I live in Marsfield, but I head to the Hills District regularly with my wife to visit family and friends. I am forever on the look out for great places to eat as I love food and of course great whiskey (which I am trying to convince Sarah to try!)
1. Where is your favourite place to eat in the Hills District?
I don't think you can go past Wolfe & Co. We went during Truffle month and their lobster linguine with truffles absolutely blew our minds.
2. What is your beverage of choice?
Islay region single malt whiskey.
3. If you could have dinner with any 5 people (alive or dead), who would they be?
1. Hugh Jackman - He seems like a really stand up guy (like a solid mate) for a person in showbiz and has wonderful relationship with his wife despite all of Hollywood's pitfalls and temptations.
2. Russell Peters - this guy's hilarious and he doesn't hold back towards all races in his jokes.
3. Barack Obama - the first black American president. I want to hear all about it over dinner (and he has a witty sense of humour).
4. Adam (from Genesis) - I wanna have a word.
The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo
5. Kate Beckinsdale - just because..... hahahahahaha
Fit, fierce and ready for dinner.
4. If money, destination and logistics were no object, what would be your best night out experience?
A night dive in the Maldives followed by dinner at the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant.
5. What music always puts you in the party mood?
Any 80s - 90s disco / rock
You rock, Kelvin!
Here's your chance to share what you do and what you like: Take 5 with ... us
Message us on Facebook or Insta or drop us an email with your answers to these same 5 questions as well as a little bit about yourself (what suburb you live in, who you live with, what you do, what you like, whatever).