Take 5 with … Kellie M Davies
The only negative thing about delving into the tastes and recommendations of fellow community members each week is the extra hours spent burrowing down the Google vortex checking them out and adding another Hills District food venue to the Must Go There file.
This week we're Taking 5 with ... Kellie M Davies, one of the area's talented new authors, who has just launched her debut YA novel.
Who's that Hills District Foodie?
Having lived and studied in the Hills District for most of my life, you could be forgiven for wondering how I've managed to set my debut novel in stunning Creston Montana, USA. Mabon - Book 1 of The Clandestine Chronicles is a YA paranormal romance featuring strong female protagonist Lucy DeBane and love interest Gil Daniels. Magick or Love ... which would you choose?
Mabon is available through Amazon, Apple Books (iBooks), Barnes and Noble and most online bookstores, but if you would like it signed (makes a great Christmas present) purchase through eBay.
But, but back to the Hills. A major draw card of this area for me has been that not often recognised but always mesmerising Blue Mountain view which, from the Hills, casts an ever-changing display of brilliant Mother Nature.
I'm married to Shane, another Hills District progeny and we have two children - Miller and Asha.
1. Where is your favourite place to eat in the Hills District?
Hidden Gem in Kenthurst is a great writing spot, good coffee and delicious snacks - their milkshakes are a special treat for the kids. I can't go past the Glenorie Bakery for coffee these days and their pastries and pies are just the best!
2. What is your beverage of choice?
Coffee is the quickest way to fire up my brain and Champagne the most delicious way to dull it.
3. If you could have dinner with any 5 people (alive or dead), who would they be?
1. Alice Hoffman author of 'Practical Magic' - to hear if she speaks in the same way she writes description, almost tangible.
2. My Mum Margaret - although we speak most days, she never complains about hearing the same story twice.
3. My family - minus all the devices for one night!
4. The Queen - but I want to eat at her house to see a full place-setting in action.
One would like to hear the Specials
5. My two BFFs - Sharon and Danielle. Between all of us, conversation would never end ... and no one would care!
4. If money, destination and logistics were no object, what would be your best night out experience?
A night under the stars - dinner, great company and fine wines in Tuscany or the South of France - just one more time please!
Vino? Mmm, buono. Grazie
5. What music always puts you in the party mood?
I listen to Madonna when I'm doing house work. 'Holiday' is the best cleaning track - not really a party though!
And just to get you in the party mood (or if you need to clean) ...
We want to hear from you!
Message us on Facebook or Insta or drop us an email with your answers to these same 5 questions as well as a little bit about yourself (what suburb you live in, who you live with, what you do, what you like, whatever).